Not many of you are unaware that swine flu epidemic, caused by H1N1 virus, is constantly growing in its proportion posting a serious health risk for the people of all around the world. And India isn’t an exception into this.
According to some recent reports, people above 60, pregnant women and kids are more vulnerable to the deadly signs of this disease. So, it is not difficult to understand why parents got panic seeing their kid suffering from fever and cold; these initial signs could lead to a infectious disease.
If the epidemic spread is happening at a fast pace in your city, it’s high time you look for some natural ways or remedies to protect your loved ones from this fatal flu. And this is when drinking green tea comes on the scene.
Wondering how green tea can help keep swine flu at bay? Read on.
A team of researchers at Harvard University recently found that sipping about 5 cups of green tea per day can boost your body’s immune system in 2 weeks, mainly due to theanine chemical found in green tea. The tea also contain ECGC and other beneficial Catechins that promotes numerous health benefits including the prevention from flus.
Another study conducted by some Japanese researchers in Tokyo revealed that EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) in green tea can inhibit the activities of three types of influenza viruses including H1N1, which is responsible for swine flu emergency in the state and rest parts of the country.
Check it out here:
EGCg in Green Tea Inhibits Flu Infection, The Medical News, 12/24/09:
Or check the following link to learn more about the anti-viral and disease-fighting properties of green tea.
Those who are more of a taste-conscious can simply do gargling with a warm and freshly brewed cup of green tea to prevent the onset of swine flu. It will also help fight other normal flus and cough. Typically, a litre of good quality green tea contains 5000 to 7000 micromoles of EGCG which is 5 to 7 times more of the concentration needed to prevent the onset of influenza flus, including swine flu.
An ancient Chinese proverb says “Better to be deprived of food for three days, than green tea for one”
Some other benefits of green tea,
- Fight free radicals
- Boost healthy cells
- Increase physical strength and stamina by 30%
- Remove aches and pains in joints
- Has 25-100 times the effectiveness of Vitamin C and E found in fruits and vegetables
- Lower high blood pressure and ensure stability
- Prevent cancers
- Improve overall metabolism rate of your body
- Cure bad breath and give healthy skin
Perhaps these are the reasons green tea is fast replacing black tea and coffee in Asia, Europe and in other continents. The green tea culture is growing in India!
However, it is strongly recommended that you avoid taking pre-mix green tea bags. Instead make a fresh and plain green tea cup on own as and when needed. If needed, you can add lemon, tulsi, mint, ginger and honey for added health benefits as well as taste enhancement.
To brew it the right way, allow water to get some bubbles, add some tea leaves in a vessel and then let it steep for 5 minute so hot water can absorb the healthy chemicals and rich flavour of green tea into it. You can drink it hot or have it with ice as well. Keep drinking 2-5 cups a day for the best results.
While drinking green tea doesn’t 100% isolate you from the swine flu infection, we can’t deny the fact that it can reduce the chances of getting infected by 50-60%. And there is no reason why we will not try every home remedy to build up the immune system of our loved ones!
A few more habits that will help you prevent Swine Flu
- Keep a distance from people already suffering from flu or nasal congestion
- Avoid greeting people with handshake and kiss
- Don’t share same food and utensils with others
- Make sure all areas of your dwelling are properly ventilated and cleaned regularly
- Make sure the kitchen platform, toilet and bathroom are cleaned properly every day; you can use alcohol to disinfect them
- Prevent sudden temperature change
- Keep eating juicy fruits and green vegetables (mainly Carrots, orange, tangerine, papaya, pineapple and lime lemon)
- Make sure you wash hands properly using soap and water quite frequently during the day
- Don’t avoid seeing physician if you experience sudden cough and fever
Experience ultimate health with arthealth organic green tea. Buy green tea online at affordable price starting from Rs.80 shipping all over India.